• 1 octopus, approximately 1 kg, cut into pieces
• 2 dried onions, finely chopped
• 1-2 cloves of melted garlic
• 1- 2 bay leaves
• 1 tablespoon tomato pulp
• 2 large tomatoes, passed in the blender
• 1 packet of chopped spaghetti
• Nature Blessed extra virgin olive oil cup
• Salt & Pepper
• Rinse the octopus well with water and cut it into large pieces, about 6-7cm.
• In a deep saucepan over high heat, add the olive oil, onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
• Then, add the octopus.
• Lower the heat and add the remaining ingredients, except the spaghetti and salt.
• Cover with the lid and simmer for 30-35 minutes until the octopus is soft.
• When the octopus is cooked, add the spaghetti with 1 Liter of hot water.
• The secret to having a honeycomb cut spaghetti is to turn off the heat and let it absorb the little fluids left over from the remaining heat.
• For best results, if the package says “cooking time” for the spaghetti, 11 minutes, remove from the heat, stir for 8 minutes, cover with a towel and close the lid tightly.
• When you are ready to serve for more flavor add 1 tablespoon roasted rosemary or chili of the Mediterranean flavors series by Nature Blessed
• Serve with chopped parsley and grated cheese.